Tuesday, February 9, 2010

All-Out Blizzard Wednesday!


We’re about to be in the midst of a snowstorm. The drama queen weathermen are anticipating something that looks like that movie with Jake Gyllenhall.......what was that movie called? Ah, The Day After Tomorrow. What did we do before IMDB? Also, Gyllenhaal is spelled like that. Not how I spelled it before. I could have just corrected myself, but I’m not hiding my flaws anymore. Here I am, world.

Anyway, I’m not a meteorologist, so I have no choice but to listen to their wild predictions for tonight and tomorrow. Driving is discouraged, trains are expecting major delays, and the airlines have thrown in the towel altogether. (Wusses.) Here in the city, all city public schools will be closed, which means those lucky little rugrats will be making snowmen in the streets of New York with heroin needle noses and little used-condom hats, and while they’re finding broken umbrella snowmen arms, and while everyone else in the northeast is snowed in with hot toddies and electric blankets, I will be at work. According to the email we just received from HR. Goddamn productive company.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! i never would have thought of used-condom hats as trash-to-treasure craft items. who needs michael's?! i so admire people's creativity. please send photos.

    ReplyDelete