Friday, April 9, 2010

2010 Census confirms: Hipsters are apathetic. World gasps.


They say the census is important. The government needs to know how many people there are in whatever city you live in, so they can give out money for schools and hospitals and stuff. Ok, that makes sense, I’ll buy it. Also, if you don’t fill one out, you won’t get a nametag for the big USA party at the end of the year. I think the American Idol cast is going to perform, it should be really good. Unfortunately, according to the New York Times, some of us might not be invited:

New York is a city of procrastinators.
Or at least that is what the Census Bureau hopes. The more pessimistic view is that New Yorkers simply don’t care.


New York City is way behind on sending in their census forms, is their snotty point. Bloomberg put together this list of who is the MOST way behind, and hold on to your Ray Bans:

bringing up the rear is Williamsburg in Brooklyn, with a rate of 31.3 percent

Williamsburg?! I haven’t been this surprised since that time I was the least surprised ever.




Ok, I haven’t filled out mine either, but I WILL. I really will. And if you happen to know where I live, shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment