Tuesday, September 22, 2009

GG 9.21.09: For people like us, a college degree is just an accessory...like a Malawi baby or a poodle



People always say that you don't know what you've got until it's gone, and now I know what I had. I had Eric and Jenny. And belts. And big fancy breakfasts.
Apparently Eggo's got some money to spare these days, and somehow the Humphreys don't, because all there is to eat in that loft are waffles. It's like when JJ and I were in college and the only thing our entire apartment were turkey dogs and Stove Top. I don't know if they're trying to make a point or if they forgot that they're billionaires now, but Dan ate a dry one on the run to NYU, then made Serena a stack the next day, and Rufus forced them on Chuck a day later. Someone go to the store, those carbs are killer.
That said, a few great lines, Dan's always fantastic delivery and Blair's superb facial expressions almost made up for the snoozefest that is Nate and Bree's forbidden and totally passionless day in bed. Hey, writers, remember when things were "mind-blowingly inappropriate"? We liked it that way.


Dorota's back just in time to give Blair her back to school headband! Thank God.

"Fluorescent lighting, communal showers, public school girls...there's a place for that and that's in the back of a video store."
I lived in the dorm freshman year, and trust me, there's nothing "back of the video store" about a communal dorm shower.

"The only queens at NYU are the ones with tickets to see Liza at Carnegie Hall."
Hey now, that is such a stereotype. I had friends who went to see Liza and they're...ok, they're gay.

"I trust that you know what you're talking about when you say to never drink absinthe with Daniel Baldwin."
I saw Daniel Baldwin on a plane once. He wasn't even sitting in first class and he looked like shit. Maybe that was Stephen, now that I think about it. Which one gained 50 pounds and stopped showering?

Dan's got fans at NYU already? And she's got a writing group that Dan can join?! Well hoooow convenient.

Hahaha, did Dan just almost spit his coffee out at the sight of Vanessa and Scott making out, or was Scott trying to convincingly read a line?

Oh, Serena's not going to Brown and she's going to stay with chuck? He's a considerate boyfriend AND a reliable step brother now?
"I assume you need a few ounces of study aid for Brown." At least his drug habit's intact. And is that a pinky ring? I don't think so, wardrobe.

"It's obvious none of you are from New York...Riverdale doesn't count."

HA, awww. "I read Marquee!" Aww.

Headbands are in the gift bags.

"Look, sis, for people like us, a college degree is just an accessory. like a Malawi baby or a poodle."

His dealer's in St. Bart's this week? Do drug dealers vacation in St. Bart's?

HA, Georgina's got her meds straightened out. It does make a difference.

Gaaaaah, can we lose his Nate/Bree thing already? His family doesn't like her family! And vice versa! Groundbreaking. Never been done.

OH no, S, SHUT UUu--she ruined it. Now she's bitchy AND stupid? Ok, she's always been kind of stupid.
Chuck saying "trainwreck" under his breath really does hurt.

Blair's facial expressions this week are unmatchable. UNMATCHABLE.

Vanessa WOULD make a documentary about a community garden. "When that gang member picked up his first carrot..."



VIP to VD? WHAT?

"Thank you for the waffles." See? I'd say they're using Eric's waffle iron, but they're clearly Eggos and Dan pulled the first one out of the toaster, so they're not even pretending they're not.

Ah, Carter's beltless tab front pants make me want a mint julep.

"I learned everything i know about women from Judy Bloom's Forever." Aaaahahaha. I'm not laughing, I was making fun of the dork literary club having a bonding moment over Judy Bloom and Dan's new shoulders.

Awwwwwww. She's motivated by evil and I still want to hug her when she has to ask Dan to take her to the party. I'm such a good person. So is Dan.
(But if he touches another headband, I might cry.)



"With your mother's LL Bean catalog?" Ew. You can't make this storyline entertaining. Nice try. And Nate saved his boarding pass? Because he wanted to remember the first time they met? First of all, gross. And guys don't do that.


Why do Carter and Chuck always use each other's full names? Carter...OH Baizen, Carter BAIZEN. Ok.

WHOA Scott. Don't question his professor recommendations! If you do it one more time, Katie, he might lock you in a room and force you to listen to him practice monologues.


hahahaha...the Jesus camp kids came to the city with zero notice to convert NYU students with tambourines? of course they did, what else are they doing on a Saturday night?



Did Rufus just say "safe place" like a therapist?

"The minute you cross 14th street, people forget there's a class system."
It's true, I used to live downtown and no one ever listened to me.

Tender in-bed Chuck and Blair moment? This isn't going to be popular, but I kind of appreciate their vulnerable sides. I know, I know.

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!! A few months ago, Anna IMed me and told me that a girl in her office used the word "download" to mean "inform" or something and I really hoped wasn't a new slang term and DAMMIT.
Vanessa, so you can do WHAT? "Download about the epicness of last night." Download? I hate kids.

Good, Serena and Carter. I know this will go sour next week, but I love love.

Oh, and Dan and Georgina kissed. Ooooooooooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment