Thursday, September 3, 2009

FTW



Some idiot girl in Pickens, Mississippi pulled out a gun on a school bus and first of all, how in the hell does a middle school kid get a gun? I know it seems to happen all the time, but this girl is 14. I doubt she’s selling meth in the lunch room, so I’ll assume she took it from home, which is pretty infuriating. Listen, maybe her parents are 100% responsible and conscientious. Maybe they’ve always talked to her about gun safety and maybe they keep it locked up securely, but she outwitted them and had been secretly studying the art of lock-picking from a young age and then, years later devised a plan to get them out of the house so she could pick the lock and take the gun, replacing it with an exact replica, and get it onto the bus, without anyone being the wiser. Or maybe they had “a cheap, chrome-plated .38 automatic” conveniently located right next to the loaded magazine (that’s the first time I’ve ever said the word “magazine” and not meant Vogue) well within reach of their middle school daughter. Probably in the drawer with the candy. I can’t imagine which scenario is more likely. Either way, she got it out of the house (presumably) and onto the bus undetected, and then loaded it and pointed it at 5 year olds.
Luckily, Kaleb Eulls is less afraid of little girls and guns than I am and took her down before she killed everyone. I know it seems like no big deal because she’s a tiny little girl and he’s 6’4” 255-pound guy, but I don’t care who it is, someone pointing a goddamned .38 semi-automatic at you if freaking scary. And jumping on it, is scarier. To top it off, he’s got a 3.5 GPA and is one of the 12 best football players in the state. I think I saw this story in a Disney movie once. Someone send that kid a fruit basket.

3 comments:

  1. I know! That story was crazy and SCARY that a 14 yr old could get a gun! By the way, this is Kauli, a friend of Chelsea's. Thought I would quit lurking and fianlly comment. She showed us your blog a while back and it is in my favorites now. You are hilarious. I love reading your take on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww there are christmas lights on the house. festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. i have a .38 that's chrome plated. i didn't know the chrome indicated that it's cheap. now i feel self-conscious about waving it around all over town.

    i really do learn soo much from this blog. thanks.

    ReplyDelete