Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You should probably start freezing eggs


Today is Anna's 30th birthday. I don't know what that might feel like, because I still have my youth, but she's handling it well.


We met at a frat party when we were 18. It went like this:

Hi.
Hi.
Aren't you on my hall?
Yeah, I think so, I'm Melissa.
Hi, I'm Anna.
Hi...
So...
Yeah...
Let's dance.


We do a pretty fantastic nervous-freshman reenactment of that. One day we'll make it into a short film, but use your imagination for now. There's lots of awkward gesturing and my hair's blond.

A girl named Molly invited me to that party. She turned out to be really crazy and kind of trashy, but that night she served her purpose as far as I'm concerned. (I'm probably not the only one at that party whose purpose she served.)


Anna, happy 30th. I love you. Because you're a good person.

Mnw: oh nooooooooooo
adu-------: what??
Mnw123: Liz is moving here
Mnw123: and just emailed me
Mnw123: to help her
adu-------: smith!!?!?
Mnw123: yes
adu-------: ignore
Mnw123: dude...really?
Mnw123: can i just ignore it??
adu-------: you live in a huge city...you will never see her


***Names have been changed to protect the...ok, "innocent."

2 comments:

  1. happy b-day ms. banana. oh, i remember my 30th like it was yesterday. if i had a nose full of nickels, i'd sneeze all over you.

    hope you have a fabby day. i'll be thinking fondly of you. love that you and mnw have each other. when you're really old your history will be priceless.

    xxoo. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh bru. I love you too. Thanks for the bday wishes. your daughter sent me the lovliest boquet of flowers and card today. I am indeed a lucky girl. or woman, since I am now in my 30s.

    ReplyDelete