Monday, September 28, 2009

GG 9.28.09: "Obviously. You know I take my scotch neat."

Gossip Girl Season 3: The Lost Boy

Sabotage and evil are back this week, let us rejoice. Also, I've found joy in pausing any scene that Blair is in and reveling in her superb acting skills. Even transition facial expressions are priceless. She's a lunatic and I love her with all my heart.




AAAAh, we all just reacted the exact same way! Even Dan's new 'roid shoulders can't take the sting out of seeing him on top of Georgina. And it's not just because she's a spiteful, vicious little thing who tried to destroy my darling Serena. Michelle Trachtenberg bugs the bejesus out of me.
And by the way, I had to look up how to spell her crazy last name, and one of the movies in post-production on her IMDB list is called A Couple of Dicks. I'm just sayin.

"Feel free to hit the trail all you want." Ew.
"From Serena to Georgina? Quite a fall, even for you." Mmmm hmmmm.

Is she talking like they're a couple? She's nuts, but she's still a 19 year old girl. And 19 year old girls are dumb. I wasn't, of course, because I'm far too mature for that sort of behavior, but I know girls who were.

Fantastic Dan delivery #1 of the night when he runs into Serena in the hall.
"Oh, of course."
Subtle, yet brilliant.

They keep putting Rufus and Scott in almost matching shirts. It doesn't make them look alike. Nice try. I see right through you, wardrobe.

Eric and Jenny! And Eric comes back with a vengeance.
"oh wow, 72 Bowie is a dead ringer for Shakira."

"I'd just check to make sure there's not an ice pick under the bed." At first I thought she said "make sure there's an ice pick under the bed" like, because she's so cold and icy, he'd have to...nevermind. I think it would have been better, though.

Carter says he wasn't at Brandy Library last month and I believe him. Something's amiss.
"Mistaken identity?"
"Obviously. You know I take my scotch neat."

Vanessa's really trying to get to the bottom of this Scott thing. She's so paranoid.
"My last boyfriend told me his dad invented the battery." haaaaaaa, what? Is that impressive? The battery? Lacee and I once told 2 guys at a bar in Austin that she was Harry Winston's granddaughter and that my enormous (and obviously fake) cocktail ring was my graduation gift from the family. Now THAT is impressive. Have I used that story before? I think I have.

Oh, the mail drop. I hate the mail drop. Oh look, she found something that she hadn't seen before.

Are we to believe that an exclusive secret society sent out invitations on that heinous gold rose stationary and didn't so much as hire a calligrapher or have them printed or...have someone write them who isn't 8 years old? Blair's not that stupid, but she is desperate and desperate always wins. I think we all know that from experience. Not me, of course, but other people.

And also, NYU has an exclusive secret society? Do they? NYU's not Yale, but what do I know about secret societies. I do know that if you were a Skull and Bones member, you're not giving away any of their secrets. Trust me. I know someone and he won't tell me a damn thing. He tried to get me to show him the top secret Pi Phi handshake, but I'm not telling if you're not telling. To the grave!



Uuuuuuugh...Golden Girls hair and the bunny. Does she look like a bunny or a mouse? Maybe it's a mouse. She's dating Nick Swisher in real life, which I guess is ok with me. He gets really excited on the field, so I like him, and she's not famous enough to be an asshole yet, so they're probably tolerable.

Scott just told Vanessa that he's her best friend's brother and he's been lying this whole time and THAT'S HER REACTION? "Oh my God." She raised her eyebrows, i guess she's surprised.


"And your parents said that you were dead."
"That was my little brother...why would they do that?"
Why are they both so calm?

"I came to apologize."
"So apologize."
"That was it."

SEE, Dan knows the appropriate level of reaction to things.

"Right...Rufus...yeah, I'll be there." OH Rufus. Your dad. right.

So they typed in "Scott Soccer Lions Boston" and came up with his senior soccer photo? Wow. Maybe they used Bing. Is Bing that good?

WHY is Vanessa not totally skeeved out by this? She's a "filmmaker" from Brooklyn, maybe she's just stoned all the time.

Nate and the...whatever small animal I've decided she most resembles...are really just superfluous.

"My Bottegas...where are they?"

It must be a dress up occasion, Scott put on a striped shirt and Dockers. Fancy.

And the winner for my favorite scene this week: Serena winning the auction. "WHAT?"


Scott's not even going to tell him now? After all that? Well, THIS TIME Rufus matches Dan, so he couldn't find out today anyway, no one would believe it.

Aw, they're sabotaging people as a couple. I think it's cute.
"3 bottles of '95 Dom on his hotel room service bill."
"the warrant...well, he might want to take a DNA sample down to the 24th precinct tomorrow."
The 24th precinct is on the west side. Chuck knows someone across the park?

"Finally...what happened in Santorini?"

AW, Carter was looking for her dad. I knew I liked him.

What the hell is Bree going to do with this information? I hope she turns out to be bad. If I have to look at her mouse face all season, it'd better be worth it.

OH, Blair believes in Chuck.

Her friend Devon was a member at Dartmouth? Didn't the assistant from earlier say she had an MBA from Tuck? Maybe I'll become a detective.

Cool things off? Take a break? Ah, college. And her wallpaper is the two of them at the rooftop party. So so true.

"BTW, when your lease at the Empire Hotel isn't renewed, thank Bright Eyes here."
Not to get too technical or anything, but I don't think Chuck has that much pull with the board.

Oh GOD, did Vanessa buy that purple and lime plaid shirt for him or has he just been hanging out on the LES too much?
And wow, Vanessa's a pretty good crier. Remember when Sarah Jessica Parker used to try to cry in Sex and the City, but she couldn't work up a single damn tear, so she'd just put her hands over her face and say "boo hoo hoo"? Hey, remember when Sarah Jessica Parker won an Emmy for Sex and the City? GAH

Oh no, Georgina knows about Scott now. We're never going to get rid of him. Maybe he's more believable in Boston.

Miike Snow again? I like that album, too, but spread the love around, CW. Is someone sleeping with one of them?

He looked for her dad, and chased her down on a horse, and he loves her for who she is. It's heartwarming. And look at that smile. The only way I could love Carter Baizen any more right now is if they brought hipster artist douche Aaron Rose back and he strangled him to death with his hipster artist douche scarf.


OH mouse face IS evil (what'd Carter do to the Buckley's?) and Georgina's still REALLY evil. Yay.


Brace yourself, Tyra's on next week. Maybe don't eat until after you watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment