Tuesday, May 19, 2009

GG 5.18.09: "I thought we were matching our headbands under our caps."



Sorry this is so late. 7am flight back to the city yesterday morning, blah blah, excuse excuse, I was tired. This week’s season finale disappointed in drama until the last 3 minutes, but it made up for it in sentimentality, so I’m ok with it. I’m a sucker for the “this chapter in our lives is ending” episode every time.


Wow, the origins of Gossip Girl. It’s just like the Da Vinci Code. Serena was GG’s first blast in the 9th grade involving a white dress, some rain and an aircraft carrier. I wonder how they cleaned up the mess in the 9th grade boys room after that went out.


Eric saw her mugshot in Pravda? The paper or the bar?

“I love Blair” moment #1 of the week: Posing for the paparazzi that are outside for Serena.

Nate hadn’t already invited Dan to his party? But they’re boyfriends…

I should have gone to Constance just for the graduation attire. Belted graduation robes…why has no one done this before?

“Ladies, I thought we were matching our headbands under our caps. And take off that hideous scarf, Penelope, you can see it from space.”

I know there has to be a new queen, but I have some problems with this decision-making process.
1. Are we to believe that Penelope and Isabel would even give Jenny the chance to be queen?
2. Who is this new girl? I feel like I’m watching Caitlin the first time she was on the OC. That’s not a good thing, new girl.
3. They want the new queen to be a transfer? That shouldn’t be allowed, why’d she transfer anyway?
4. The competition is the juiciest Constance gossip—this girl doesn’t know anyone, how do they expect her to win? And if they don’t listen to Blair anymore (cut to Penelope’s terrified expression as she lowers her voice so Blair can’t hear her say that) then why don’t they just crown the new girl and get it over with?
5. This is all BS. Eric should be queen.

Aw, they left Dan out of the program. Congratulations, Don.


They don’t have to sit alphabetically? And uuuuuh…why is Serena not wearing her cap? That’s not fair. Listen, a lot of us didn’t look cute in that stupid cap, but you have to wear it. If there was a way to get out of it, I would have figured it out in 1998. I wonder if “tassel in the hair instead of cap” was written in, or if Blake Lively threw a fit 5 minutes before this was shot. I think we know the answer to that.


Ok, good. Gossip Girl graduation blast:
Nate—class whore
Dan—the ultimate insider
Chuck—coward
Blair—weakling
Serena—irrelevant

“Gossip Girl is going down.” No one calls Serena irrelevant and gets away with it.

“Besides, she didn’t say anything about us. Not even Penelope.”
“Oh, soup dumplings!”

“you tried to give me money behind my back when I said no.” (he’s leaving out that 40 page list of dudes she banged, but good for him for taking the high road.)
“we both made mistakes…” hahaha, Lily.

Grandfather takes the statutory rape/prostitution thing pretty well. He’s so understanding.
“last summer, I had an affair with an older woman.”
“welcome to Washington.”
“she was married.”
“mmm…go on.”
“and she paid me.”
“well I’ll protect you, let’s hope it doesn’t come up.”


Serena’s really not giving up on this. Dan’s not your best bet to take Gossip Girl down, S.
“The insider, what is that?”
Pretty good, but not the best Dan delivery of the night: “uuhh…it’s a tabloid tv show!”
“we have to band together and take her down!”
Hahaha, Vanessa just rolls her eyes and walks away.

Dan, don’t think we don’t know that you’re pulling away b/c it’s too hard to say goodbye. Serena might not get it, but we do.
And “what’s keeping us together?”??? LOVE, that’s what.

How are they just now figuring out that Gossip Girl is probably in their class? GG blasts started when they were in 9th grade, they’re all about Constance and St. Jude…
“I refuse to believe that the students at our school are any worse than those at Horace Mann or Spence.”
“So if she’s a senior then she’s in the room right now…”
You got into Brown?

Jonathan?! No way.
Ah, yes, no way.
“I hacked into her server over spring break.”
And he and Eric kept this a secret from everyone since then? Even from Jenny?

Well look at that timing. Rufus was calling Lily and she was already there. It’s like they’re supposed to be together. He should just propose. After they get drunk and high.

Oh, Waldorf mother-daughter moment. Heartwarming.

Hahaha, drunk Nelly Yuki dancing. She loves Dan! That’s adorable.

Gossip Girl knows about New Years. It’s all out. Blair slept with Jack. Which we pretty much already knew. And we already knew everything else. BO-ring.

“Like you didn’t do that with the dregs of DUMBO.”
“I’m standing right here.”

Dan IS the ultimate insider. Point Gossip Girl.

“Maybe it was, but it’s not anymore.” Wow, I almost believe him.

Lily Rhodes Van der Woodsen Bass Humphrey. It’s got a nice ring to it.

Everyone’s coming down on Serena and Nate’s the voice of reason? Because he was poor for 3 weeks last year. Perspective.

“I love Blair” moment #2: this explanation of the why you have to be cold to be queen. Queen of Constance=Queen of England. Jenny, it’s your time.


He loopt her? I don’t mean to be a stickler for details, and I don’t have Loopt on my phone, but I learned last week that you have to ping back for people to know where you are. Right?

This is the best cleavage we’ve gotten in a while.

Dan’s right, he’d be nothing without her. Can’t Buy Me Love, with better clothes.

BEST Dan Delivery of the night, when Blair walks in…
“Oh that makes sense.”

“they’re a team?”
Nate. Catch. On. Faster.

Oh GOOD, Rufus got a different ring. That other ring will make some tarot card reading gypsy woman very happy.

Eric’s dreamed about a waffle iron.

“I chased a guy for years who wasn’t that into me, I’m going to a glorified state school, my mother married an entertainment lawyer, so I need to stop moving and contemplate the failure of my life.”

The deputy mayor made a pass at Nate, so now he’s going to go to Europe with Vanessa. That was wrapped up quickly.

Scott!
Did that work? I tried to sound interested. I faked it. This story line annoys me.
“Maybe I’ll see you around.” Oh, the foreshadowing. Yes, we get it.

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE. I was all for Jenny being queen, but I think she should have let us know what she was going to do with her power before we made up our minds…
Her first order of business is no more headbands?!?!
I’d like to change my vote.


There’s Georgina, finally. So everyone will be at NYU now except for Serena? Are they really going to film in NYU dorms and everything? I kind of hope so, because cry baby hipster NYU kids will haaaaaate that.

Carter’s back from Dubai? He found her dad?!

Chuck and Blair, together finally. It’s everything I thought it could be.

1 comment: