Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GG 5.11.09: "That's for suburban schools, and the lame teen comedies that are set at them."


So this week we get some insight into Lily's past, and sadly not the 80s Lily Rhodes Van der Woodsen Bass background spinoff. It's a shame, the cheesy 80s references would have totally been worth it. Not to mention, Lily was kind of a badass.

Whoa, Serena. 4 hours in jail has hardened her.
"I'd rather give my kids up for adoption than be like you..."
Happy Mother's Day, Lil.
oh YES, she called Cece to bail her out.

Andrew McCarthy AND Huey Lewis "I Want a New Drug" playing in the background. Ah, i miss the 80s. I had that tape. Huey Lewis and the News, Sports. Me and Patrick Bateman.


The young Cece sounds EXACTLY like Lily. it's blowing my mind.

So, her dad doesn't want her and then she ends up married 4 times to guys just like him? Interesting.
I should be a shrink. I did really well in psychology in college. I got a 100 on a test once, with no extra credit or anything.

Serena decided to stay in jail on prom night? RIGHT.
"You're not going to come out of there with a mullet and a girlfriend, are you?"

"in that scrapbook you kept under your bed..."
"Please, I don't remember that, I was a child then."
"the fact that you're on an actual pay phone has me beyond nauseous." JAIL pay phone…she's right, that's gross.

Dorota, we've missed you!
"This body bag, corpse not pretty..."
"just like my scrapbook I don't remember keeping and haven't looked at since i was an early adolescent!"

Chuuuuuck, are you sabotaging Blair's dream prom?

"you are toxic...so much so it seems that try as i might, i can't help but turning into you."
She knows she's turning into Cece, but she can't stop? just...don't be a bitch. seems easy enough.

ha, SPAZ. when was the last time i said spaz?
"are BJs a must? b/c if they are, i'm so not doing that."

OH 80s fashion montage. OOOOOOOOOF course. Could they have given her a Redbull before this? Would it kill her to do something more than tilt her head?

"sure, yeah, cool place to catch hepatitis."
I’m sort of disappointed in Brittany Snow trying to be snobby. All I see is the girl from American Dreams.


"we don't do prom queen, that's for suburban schools and the lame teen comedies that are set at them."
"a tiara?"
changes everything.

Like anyone would believe Nelly would win prom queen.

aw, Dan bailed her out to go to prom. I haven't given up on those two yet. Even if they do share a half-sibling.

HA, she invested in the fanny pack?

"being us is awesome."
"people treat us differently."
"yeah, BETTER."
THERE's Lily.

Rufus is so wise. and strong! wow, rufus, way to stand your ground.

hahahha...all the coke and pastel shirts at this party. this IS the 80s! or Chelsea on a Saturday night.

Lily ends up marrying the jerk who screwed over her sister??

This fight at the party is so The OC season 1. Ryan! I mean, Owen!


"This is my moment. I own prom."

Chuck! "you didnt think you were the only one who knew about the scrapbook, did you?"


I CAN'T get over how much this chick sounds like Lily. It's freaking me out.

"...or god forbid, actually sets foot in a public school." Most public schools don't even have heroin. It's really sad.

"I'd rather have 20 Dan Humphreys from Brooklyn than that boy you loved from the Valley..."
"you took care of that, didn't you."
What'd she do??


Oooooooh, they're gonna break up. Finally, it's been like 3 episodes. And I could do without "just hold me until this song's over. let's not waste these last moments talking about it." That's too cheesy, even for me. I have a heart of stone.

3 comments:

  1. mr. david martinezMay 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM

    almost forgot to read today, pleasant afternoon treat!

    wasn't that the biggest product placement ever that dorota pulled with the vitamin water!?

    the in sync 'what did you say?!?' when that girl told them to go back to the valley was priceless!

    i thought that they haven't decided whether they were doing the spinoff or not yet? either way, totally <3 brittany snow, who is clearly only meant for 'period' roles (american dreams, hairspray, 80's spinoffs).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I forgot about the Vitamin Water! CW whores.

    LOVED the simultaneous turn-around WHAT did you say?!

    I heard it was dead, is that not true??

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr. david martinezMay 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM

    i think it gave the ratings a boost actually, i don't think they've decided yet.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete