Tuesday, May 5, 2009

GG 5.4.09: "Pregnancy ruse...cliche but effective."



HUGE lack of Eric for the 1000th time, but Georgina's Bible quotes and the Chuck and Blair drama didn't disappoint.

Chuck and Blair were suspicious of Gabriel from the beginning, because they're the only ones who aren't idiots. Also, because:
"Well his suits never did fit right"
That's what I think every time I see a real estate broker in New York.

"I didn't even know you were out"
I think Lily's up for Mother of the Year. No?

Aw, Rufus is nauseatingly happy. Gross.
"Zippedy-do-da on the F? I'm pretty sure whatever that lady said meant 'stoooooop!' in her own language."
See, if everyone just spoke English, Rufus could have stopped annoying people way earlier.

"Don't tell me that hick gave you scabies."
Sick. Just the word "scabies" is sick. ew, i have the heebie jeebies.





"I keep trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't."
I wish I could say that girls aren't this stupid. I wish I could.


"Feelings never do...they get you all confused and then drive you around for hours until they drop you right back to where you started."
I wonder what she means by that...that's tricky. Nate might never figure it out.




"Where's Blair?"
"I agreed to give you a ride, that's it. Meals are not included."
Eh, they tried.

"I just want to apologize. One of the most sacred acts is the ritual of forgiveness."
Georgina's Jesus act is getting better, it's almost remotely believable. "Believable" meaning "not believable."
"why is it when you say 'ritual' i think human sacrifice?"

"Pregnancy ruse...cliche but effective."
I could tell a story about this, but I'm afraid the girl it's about could possibly read this. and i'm not in the business in hurting people's feelings. If I knew for sure that she wouldn't know about it, then I'd totally tell everyone. and use her name. but she wouldn't know, so no hurt feelings. See? I'm really sensitive.

Dan's Tiny Tim coat looks even more sad next to everyone else. Poor Dan. Poor, poor Dan. As in, he's poor.

HAHAHA...Georgina's entrance to Blair's "we need an act of God" and this music. I just got so excited.

"Ok, we need to get this crazy girl out of here..."
Some writer is on my good side now.

Gabriel's actually meeting her? Why is he still in town? And why do they keep using Poppy's last name? We know which Poppy.



Lily needs her roots done. WHAT IS UP WITH THE HAIR GUY??? or girl. sorry, WOMAN. it could be a woman. I just doubt it.

Serena's ringtone is the same tone as the alarm on my phone. I hear it 6am every damn morning. i hate you, ringtone.

"We know the rest, it's called a Ponzi scheme."
Do you think Chuck doesn't know what a Ponzi scheme is, Gabriel?

Oh, he really loves her, that's why he's still in town. I know, Gabriel, I love her, too.

"God will help me find a way to earn your forgiveness."
"Oh looks like He answers my prayers faster than yours!"

I like how Serena's not afraid of getting in trouble with Lily, she's annoyed at Dan for ratting her out.
"I'm sorry mom, i was gonna tell you and then..." you have me 20 carats to wear on my wrist.

ERIC!
"Your mother is nothing like her mother." Umm...
"Klaus with a K did it with blimp, C Claus did on top of pyramid, although she didn't say yes to that, but uh, you have the bar set pretty high."
Eric's usually so in tune with the common people...not at the moment.

Ok, i really hate to just list quotes from the show with no reason for commentary, so I'm trying to cut down the Jesus quotes, but it's really hard.

"I gave up my old ways when I let Jesus take the wheel."
"THAT is a Carrie Underwood song, not a life choice."
I know I said this in a blog post a few days ago, but I think it's funny that Carrie Underwood sings about Jesus and small town values, and then also about getting blackout drunk and marrying a stranger, and also misdemeanor vandalism on her cheating boyfriend's truck. It's all very inspiring.

"But...Jesus drove you here."
"Actually i believe his name was Jesus."
"Not in the cab, in your country western way of life."

"If you cut revenge out of the Bible, there's not enough pages to even make a pamphlet."
"And they shall know i am the Lord when I lay my vengeance on them."
"How'd you know my favorite passage?"

Lily Bass would NEVER let Poppy in her house. I don't buy it.

AH, Georgina. she's too good at being bad to be good. did that make sense?

Hahahah...Chuck's a nose for the scent of a woman. HU-A. "I sense aspiration, yearning, striving to be accepted. but then there's this appealing counter note of sincerity and optimism...it's perfection."



That ringtone again! AH! what time is it?? I don't wanna go to the gym!

Lily's favorite flower? The lily. obviously.
"this shows that you really know her...and love her." cause he knows what food and wine she likes? the guy at the bodega knows what food and wine i like, but I'm almost positive he's not in love with me. and he'd better not propose.

GAH DAN, you're such a tattle tale.

"Are you a Carrie? I'm a Charlotte." Perfect annoying-girl-who-just-moved-to-New-York.

WOW, this Chuck and Blair exchange is seriously emotional. you can tell by the soap opera-style extreme closeups.

"They can download Kirk Cameron movies!" hahaha, Kirk Cameron burn. He's crazy.

The police are there? I thought the whole thing was to not call the police.

Serena's getting arrested? You mean the well thought out plan didn't work?


"Pretending to find Jesus to take us all down, it borders on brilliant."
"Your stupid clothes and your bible quotes don't fool anyone. I will never forgive you...and neither will Jesus."

Haaaa, Lily threw her in jail. So, they couldn't turn Poppy in so that Serena's name would be kept out of scandal, but it makes more sense to have her arrested outside the Russian Tea Room in the middle of the day?

"...and embarrassing me!"
"you just sounded exactly like your mother." Rufus, I'd be careful. Right now you have no money. Wow, he did it. Humphrey OUT!

"Tell Jesus that the bitch is back."



Other things happened back at the police station, but I really want to end on that.

2 comments:

  1. mr. david martinez ;o)May 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

    so far this season, rufus has:

    -discovered dan's teacher affair by finding a love note (that his daughter was passing, gross).
    -discovered lily is a bigger ho than he originally thought by finding the other half of her 'people i done did' list.
    -discovered he was involved in a mega-ponzi scheme by simply opening a drawer that contained the entire list of donors and MONEY BAG FOR EACH OF THEM. seriously??

    clearly nobody really means to keep anything a secret on this show.

    also, remember when lil' j was pretty? (now eric is the pretty one)

    oh, and blair was b.e.a.u.t.f.u.l. in that teary scene last night! i wish i could look like that whilst crying - instead i have snot coming out of every orifice and my face contorts like i'm all 'leptic and shizz.

    thanks for the recap, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she WAS gorgeous in that super closeup crying scene.

    ReplyDelete