Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In a few short hours...



I didn’t watch American Idol this year, but the finale is on tonight and all my dad can talk about is how great Adam Lambert is (he actually used the phrase “he made it his own” in reference to some performance. I know, he’s got his Nikes on and he said the Kool-Aid is extra grapey), so ok, I’ll bite. Apparently it’s down to Supergay Adam and some other kid named Kris Allen, who is adorable except for that ghost of a mustache that you usually only see in a police lineups and Tejano music videos. He’s growing on me, though, video clip by video clip. Supergay can wail, but I’m a sucker for a dude with a guitar. AND he can play the piano, which almost makes me totally overlook the fact that he spells his name with a “K.” It’s a toss up for me. He’s a little whiney, and Eyeliner’s definitely a better singer, but I don’t think he should be allowed to win with that Pete Wentz haircut. But it’s not up to me, and America will probably go with the whole “great singer” thing, unless Miss California joins the National Organization for Straight American Idol Winners and campaigns to keep him from winning. It’s really close to her heart.

2 comments:

  1. I loathe Adam Lambert! My friend (whose name also happens to be Kris) said it best: "His voice is like a Ped-egg on my ear."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh awesome. the National Organization for Straight American Idol Winners. yeah, I am sure she's a member. Same as I am a member of the "Who Gives a Flying Squirrel About Idiot Beauty Pagent Chicks' Opinons Club." the membership cards are too big for any wallet.

    ReplyDelete