Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blair was right

I stole this from Jeff. His FB caption for it says "Probably the worst person to ever meet."


Truer words were never spoken.

I once was in the dressing room at the Urban Outfitters on 10th and 2nd around closing time when the NYU student employees were all huddled in the room next to me, sorting through the discarded overpriced boho crap, and the fact that they all made it out of there alive is damn near a miracle because listening to their whining almost sent me over the edge, like those women on that Oxygen series Snapped.

“Dude, I HAAAATE going home for the holiday break. It’s like they don’t get it. My friends that go to other schools are like all ‘We went to a frat party’ and I’m like, ‘Uh, lame!’”
“Dude, it’s so lame.”
“Yeah.”
“Totally.”

Later on they barricaded themselves in the NYU cafeteria and cried about tuition prices. (These actually aren't the same kids, but they absolutely could be. And probably are.)




You're not a character in Rent. I'm going to Whole Foods to protest the price of hummus! Oh, I'm totally free to get hummus cheaper elsewhere? This is what democracy looks like!

2 comments:

  1. i just laughed for about 15 minutes about your perfect depiction of the NYU student annoyance. i could never quie pin point it until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these kids have good critical thinking skills. it you're going to barricade yourself in a building, alwats choose a cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete