Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The internet is amazing


I don’t Twitter. I do have a Twitter account (my mom has a Facebook page, I have to do something to stay at least one step ahead of the tech savvy AARP) but I don’t get Twitter updates to my phone, and I don’t think I’ve ever tweeted. I’m not talking shit about Twitter or anything, I have a blog for God’s sake, I just don’t do it. Maybe I don’t get it. Anyway, people sent this to me yesterday, which is the only way I know about it. This guy has 18 tweets (I’m wishing someone at Twitter had come up with a different word for posting than “tweet”) and when I went to his page 10 minutes ago, he had 58,117 followers. Now 58,287…refresh…58,317…refresh…58,370…refresh…58,393. I’m not making this up.

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

6 comments:

  1. He's up to 67,872 now! It's really funny! I had a Twitter account for like a week back in '07. It seemed pointless, as no one was on it except for my friend Courtney (who told me to join). I mostly ranted about my ex-boyfriend, and then realized the tweets were googleable. So um, I deleted the account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially follower #71,169. I'll admit it - I like Twitter. Though, it took me a while to get accustomed to. I joined in 2007 but quickly lost interest. I didn't log back on 'til February 2008 and then it came in REALLY handy during SXSW (instant info on secret shows, short lines, etc.). After that, I was hooked. Thanks for this, Mel - it totally made my day (and a number of my coworkers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 minutes later and it's now 72, 473. refresh...72, 485. It's kind of unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checked his page again - 100,741 followers. I hit refresh about 20 seconds later and it had already jumped to 100,824! Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 124,876...124,882...124,887...in the last 45 seconds.

    ReplyDelete