Tuesday, April 21, 2009

GG 4.20.09: "Barukh atah, aye dios mio"



This week was all over the place, but at least Cyrus is back to add a little Jew to the WASP scene. And good thing. New York with no Jews is like Hollywood with no...Jews.
And again, Dan got all the best lines.


HA, this My Fair Lady dream again. It's so cheesey, but Blair's Eliza Doolittle accent is totally worth it. I'll get the crackers.

"just because i lost Yale does not mean that I'm wasting my time at a non-Ivy reading Beloved 6 times and experimenting with lesbianism."
Blair at NYU? Is she going to get a parttime job at Urban Outfitters, too?

"last night's entertainment..."
Synchronized swimmers are notoriously slutty.

Nate got into Columbia on his own? Yeah, I’ve heard that acceptance to Columbia is almost totally contingent on lacrosse wins.

Grandfather Vanderbilt's going to get her into Yale? Was that too easy? I think that was too easy.

AAAH, Passover episode is brimming with Jewish jokes.
"I'm one of the chosen ones! I was wandering the desert and now I've reached the Vanderbilt promised land!"

OH NO, Dan cater-waitering at the Waldorf's. That's more embarrassing than the tuna sandwich.

Ha, Eleanor. At least she's trying. Oy.
"I can't even say half the words in this prayer book that's named for Lieberman's wife!"
"Hadassah...I think the prayer book is called Haggadah"
It’s a good thing Dan grew up in Williamsburg.

"I don't feel comfortable serving knishes to Blair"
"you don't serve knishes at Passover."
Now she's an expert.

WAIT, Dan overheard Serena talking to Cyrus? FINALLY someone can hear something that isn't said directly to them. (last week everyone went spontaneously deaf. It annoyed me.)

"how does one not know if one is married? you're smiling!"
"we were together for a year and barely made it to junior prom...so yeah, it's a little insulting."
Way to play it cool, Dan.

BEST Dan delivery today:
"Yes, you're the wife of the landed gentry and I'm a cater waiter at a Seder."



"You go for a classic look with a black tie and white shirt and that's what you get."
And Lily's buying this? Please. She can spot the help a mile away. She would already have told him to get her a glass of wine.

Oooh, Jenny got Pop Burger for her Monopoly date. now I totally want Pop Burger. Those onion rings are like crack.

“You should move your gallery to the city, Williamsburg is already over."
haha, eat it, hipsters.

UH OH...Nate's making a toast. These kids never make toasts unless they're dropping a bomb.
"He was the one who had my father investigated by the authorities..."
BOMB.

oh crap, now Gabriel's here? How old is he supposed to be? She’s 18. Gross.
"Barukh atah, aye dios mio!" Amanda Lasher, thank you.

"The guy who answered said you'd probably be here...he also asked if I had any hash."

"you never mentioned him..."
"I'm sure my name's come up at least once"
Dan, Dan, Dan, I still love you. That was almost as great as, “she called me first!” to Aaron at Bart’s funeral.

HA Eleanor totally disregarding the seder rules: "there's even an empty seat. It's for Elijah but you can take it."

Are we to believe that Chuck gives a sh-- about what Jenny thinks?

Blair HAS changed! And I hate it.

"First of all, he's dressed like a waiter."
"I think it's a classic look."
I can't decide if Rufus is sticking up for Dan or if he's trying to sound hip.

GAH, Nate's so whiney. Quit crying, you wuss, she left with you, didn't she?

Wait, Lily, everything’s cool? all's forgiven now? She went to SPAIN. I got in trouble when I went downtown.

Oh they're not married. “we were just being crazy!” of course. or are they?

Chuck's just going to let Nate have her? And help him get her? The new Chuck is really boring.

Rufus is going to sell the gallery? And Dan’s the voice of reason, “so what are you going to do?” yeah, what ARE you going to do, Rufus? Following your dreams is SO much easier when your girlfriend has a billion dollars.

UGH, now Chuck's apologizing to Jenny?? AND PUTTING HIS DRINK DOWN? well I don’t like this one bit.

And obviously Poppy's using Gabriel against Serena. Like we didn’t see that coming. At least someone's still missing a conscience. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment