Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GG 4.27.09: It's full of mole men and middle class professionals



No Cyrus and a serious lack of great Dan deliveries, but Rufus's heartbreaking performance and the lines in the first scene could possibly have made up for it.


"NYU? What was i thinking, you know how I feel about ironic facial hair."
You know who had ironic facial hair? Hipster art douche. It's ok, he's gone. I know, I'm sorry I brought him up.

"I'll teach you everything you need to know...the best pot dealer, but first the most important of all, how to ride the subway."

"Nate, you're sweet, but obviously you've inhaled too much patchouli. There's no way i'm going down there! It's full of mole men and middle class professionals."
First of all, I grew up in Austin, which would be the hippie capital of the world if Berkeley fell into the ocean, so you'd think I'd have developed an immunity to the smell of patchouli, but I haven't. It's still foul. Secondly, I've never seen a mole man in the subway, but I did try to rent the documentary once at Kim's but I couldn't because they want your first born and half your 401k to rent movies there. Hipster snobs. I have, however, seen middle class professionals plenty of times. Wait, is that me? Shit. Oh, nevermind, I'm far from professional. Phew.

"Check out what dad was looking at..."
what? that gypsy ring?

"Rats go underground, not Waldofs."
"No man is worth suffering the indignity of mass transit."

"Gabriel is disappearing for a reason, we need to get to the bottom of it."
At least Blair's not a total moron. Is Serena too young to have been burned badly enough to not trust her non-boyfriend? Oh, she's 18. I keep forgetting.

Chuck's playing basketball with Nate on Forsyth and Chrystie? I doubt it. His basketball outfit is worth it, though.



Uuuuuuuuugh, Gabriel's pretentious-voice almost makes me miss hipster art douche Aaron Rose. Lily's gonna go into labor from excitment if he doesn't cut it out.
"I'm sorry to hear that, family's so important." HA, Lily, you make me laugh.
"UH, I asked the caterer for a '99 Brunello, this isn't a PTA meeting." aaaaaand, she's back.

"I see you're wearing your beret...who are we spying on tonight?"
I, too, love the beret.

Poppy's not stupid enough to jump out of the car RIGHT in front of the building. please.

"WHY can't anyone see a movie around here??"

HOW does no one think it's gross that she's barely 18. How old is this guy? I ask that every week, we'll never know the answer.
"I only have eyes for one girl, and she is..." a teenager.

Hey, there's V...where's she been?
"where you been?" ah, thanks, dan.

Did Dan just say "the V.D. Dubs"?

Is the hair stylist going through some personal problems? Jenny's hair finally looks decent, yet Serena hasn't owned a brush for like a month. It's weird.

"Gabriel's still popping Poppy"
"no no this is too MOB"
AH YES, the second one. boobs.

"We have this amazing connection...he said he fell in love with me the first time he ever saw me..."
"he fell in love with you while you were roofied, how romantic!"
Aw, teenagers are stupid. My senior year high school boyfriend, Nate and I said 'I love you' after like 2 weeks of "dating." I think it was in his car in the Taco Bell parking lot. Everything's romantic when you're 17. If we had been alone in Spain, my head would have exploded.

"he's having her cake and eating yours, too." ew.

WAIT, a music publishing company offered to buy the Lincoln Hawk catalog? Ummm...

"This place is great, but Murray Hill? Even your mother's too hip for this zip code."
hahahaha. AJ used to call it Murray Killmyself. It's true.
In case you don't know...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eylKBJiDNeM

Good Lord, Nate, they ran into each other on the street, chill OUT.

"she didn't steal me...she swept me away."
oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaah, i just threw up. Aaron, I'm sorry, come back

"the whole looking up and looking down thing...has a certain appeal to it"
"even though your life sucks right now, you didn't need an STD panel this week."

does jenny have friends who aren't her dad and her brother?

"how will the African teenagers send in posts to Gossip Girl?"

"i thought there was Mets game...i saw Dorota wearing her hat"

"he told Chuck that he met you that night at Butter, but htat's impossible b/c i know that Butter was closed that night because I used their bartender for the Nelly Yuki SAT Sabatoge Party"

"Butter? really?"
"it does sound kind of stupid when you say it out loud..."

wow, this is really serious music for this 'i can't afford to go to Yale' conversation.

OH NO, RUFUS NOOOOOOOO, don't give him all your money
I think I just felt an actual emotion.

i knew that hand-holding comment earlier would come up again.
"i can't believe i have to see my sworn enemy with Nancy Pelosi hair"
Did the Huffington Post get an inside tip on that line?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/27/nancy-pelosis-hair-throug_n_170480.html

Georgina's at...JESUS CAMP. YES. oh, Jesus, I love this. And also, I don't buy this for one second.




"even her flaming red hair?"
Serena's smart now?

PASSION PLAY and paper mache apostles. it just got even better than i thought.

"She told me that Butter was closed the night that I allegedly met her there. and what the hell is Butter?"
He's from North Carolina, we can't expect him to know. Plus, it's not 2005.

OH GOD, this might be the most emotional i've ever been watching this show. Rufus's face giving Gabriel that check...

Whoa, did Nate just wake up? WHERE is the HAIR GUY??\
"you know, I loathe Murray Hill..."

"we pooled our savings."
"fortunately your tastes are very modest."
Yeah, you're not kiddin, Dan. Is there even a diamond? Have they MET Lily?

HAAAAAA Georgina's back. duh.

SCENES from next week..."I gave up my old ways and let Jesus take the wheel."
"THAT is a Carrie Underwood song."

THAT is something I wrote about just the other day. weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment