Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GG 3.23.09: "Slash? Seriously?"

Slash? Seriously?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 1:43am

1. There were so many amazingly cheesy lines in this episode, choosing one for the title was the most difficult decision I've made all day. And that includes lunch. Soup or salad? It's cold out, but there's gorgonzola in the salad...It wasn't easy.
2. This was Dan's best performance to date.



I'm glad they're keeping it current...it IS so cold still. I had to wear a hat and gloves earlier. BS.

Of course his cousin's name is Tripp.
The first of Dan's awesomeness (I know I said "awesomeness"...How I Met Your Mother was on earlier. I apologize.) tonight...he can barely keep a straight face when he says "Tripp"

"she needs to lick her wounds..."
"maybe I can lick them for her." EW.

BEST DELIVERY from Dan ever. to anything. ever.
getting out of the limo: "HA...WHAT! You said it was a manion, not a country club."

"let's show your friends the presidential medals of freedom."
"finally!"
Again, Dan. keep it up.

ha, shoplifting. that IS the first rebellious thing kids do. (not me, of course. I was a wuss. and I didn't stop at Bendel's--which, btw...is it that easy to steal something from Bendel's? I need new sunglasses...)

Lily's going through her 90's cds to remember who she's slept with. wonderful.
"next thing I knew, i was saying yes to lists."
Wasn't the list thing your idea, Lily? perfect writing...she would totally get herself into this and then convince herself that it was his idea.

"Slash? Seriously?"

MGMT's Kids is the soundtrack to Nate playing touch football with his cousins. Look at the lyrics, trust me. Oh, GG writers, you're so deep.

"I feel like a Republican at the Kennedy compound." how very ironic.

"welcome to the next 30 years." They're 18...so obviously they'll get married.
HAHAHA...Chace Crawford trying to play football. That's why theater kids are theater kids and not athletes.

"Good cop, Bass cop." oooooooh no. no.

hahaha...Chuck's giving Dan a run for his money with that look of intrigue about Santorini

Wait, did Serena just give Carter an actual paper plane ticket? I haven't seen one of those in at least 10 years. What'd she do, run to LaGuardia real quick? Even my mom books travel online, and I have to talk her through how to "click" on a "link."

They're doing a bang up job this episode of hiding Kelly Rutherford's unborn child. Kudos, wardrobe. (and director. and cameramen.)

Let's do a quick rundown of the highlights of the names they used for Lily's list:

Darius Menard: scenic artist on "The Oject of My Affection" and also for "My Super Ex-girlfriend"

Steve Krieger: special effects for several movies, but also set dressor for..."My Super Ex-girlfriend" So...who on the GG crew worked on My Super Ex-girlfriend?

Randy Manion: Gossip Girl location manager (and also PA for Center Stage, which I enjoy)

Ben Noble: Gossip Girl electrician

Chris Nelson: Gossip Girl leadman


"I'm relieved...please don't take that the wrong way..."
I was afraid you were a bigger whore than I thought. but you're juuuuust whorish enough.

"reception at the country house...it's very blazer and chinos."
Did anyone notice that Jenny's delivery of that line was very Serena-esque?
and I guess Bluefly's not feeling the effects of this harsh economy. sure, things were good when they were on Project Runway, but Gossip Girl name drops can't be cheap. can they? ok, maybe so.

"They're the Vanderbilts, not the Corleones"
ha, I watched The Godfather yesterday. that's nothing, just weird.

the family sausage grinder? is that a double entendre?

"I'm not gonna play Where's Waldorf all night"

aw, Vanessa's little shrug and huge smile when Nate told Tripp he was on a date. there's not a girl in the world who hasn't done that. except me, I'm way too cool for that.

Sarah Lawrence is her last resort. how sad.

WHOA...what is this?? Serena...straight hair. Were they rushed in hair and make up?

and Chuck and Serena getting along...i want to hate it, but it warms my cold heart.

"i can't even fit my lipstick in here, what could i possibly be trying to sneak in?"
"liberal agenda? universal healthcare? education reform? increasing state tax?"
I wonder how the writers voted in November...I guess we'll never know.

"you think the Humphrey's have a crest that Jenny could stitch on to one of my cardigans?"

HA, Trip's awkward hug to Vanessa. Be polite, but don't get any Brooklyn on you.

"as opposed to what you want me to do?...I didn't mean that."
NO guy has ever apologized that quickly.

"Hey! You! Garcon, with the bubble butt."

"though, i think she discontinued her '3rd trip down the aisle, only took the plunge for money' line."

HAAAAAA..."big fan of your sites..."

Is Chuck a guest at a Vanderbilt party, or is he working at a malt shop (I should say malt shoppe) in the 50's? More importantly, is he the only person in history to make a striped shirt and pink bowtie sexy? I think so, yes.

WOW they packed all the sex into this one scene.
"you see right through me...into my core" That was supposed to be dirty, right? sounded dirty.
"...you risk them walking away from the table for good...and who wants to play with themselves?"

HA, no one at the WASP party is remotely surprised at Serena walking up and slapping Dan across the face. not even a glance. oh wait, that one guy glanced. and thought, "been there, kid."

At least Serena has some sense about the student-teacher affair. oh wait, no, she's laughing, it's funny. nevermind.

"your list was a dozen people, how much more condensed could it have been?"
"13...and i'm not embarrassed about my past."
hahaha...I'm not embarrassed...and it's 13! I'm not embarrassed.
And way to turn it around, Lily. It's totally his fault.

He's finally going to tell her he loves her! no, he's not. please.

oh Lord. she was with Nate when everything made sense and it was a simpler time. we get it. textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment