Monday, April 20, 2009

And it's not about leaving home when I was 18


Someone shoot me, sometimes I listen to Carrie Underwood. Okay, it’s out there now. This morning, one song in particular made a very fitting appearance on my iPod in shuffle mode and I actually found myself thinking, "I can relate to a Carrie Underwood song?" And then I threw up. It’s not the one about Jesus driving to the gas station, but still. I’m not going to give it away, but they’re all basically about the same thing, aren’t they? Except for the ones about Jesus. And the one about getting blackout drunk and marrying a stranger. And the one about felony vandalism. (Is that picture from that song about a cheating boyfriend, or Jesus Take the Wheel? There are pickup trucks in both, I'm not sure.) So, to whoever wrote the song that I listened to this morning...so true. So so true. (It's killing you, isn't it? I'll tell you when I'm good and ready.)

No comments:

Post a Comment