Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brenda's probably dead

There is literally not any time, any day or any circumstance in which I would not find this tremendously enjoyable. I break it out when I need a pick-me-up. I was once asked on a karaoke 2nd date and I remember telling Lacee that I felt just like Chris Parker. "They want me to sing. I can't sing." Unfortunately for me, they didn't have the Adventures in Babysitting soundtrack, and there was no BB King-alike to back me up on the mic. Point being, I can relate to her. She can't sing, I can't sing. She's too old to babysit, I'm too old to babysit. Yeah, I get it, Chris.

Anyway, here she is, taking one for the team and protecting those sheltered suburban kids from not-very-scary Chicago mobsters. Chris Parker, I believed in you all along.

For the record, this part is particularly great:
"I got a call from Brenda, I went to pick her up."
"The tire had a blowout and my mom's car got...shot up."

Extreme surprise and pride on her face, that she figured out how to rhyme "up" with "up"

No comments:

Post a Comment